Quick Links for Granny Mouse Country House And Spa
Granny Mouse Country House & Spa
Granny Mouse Country House & Spa is as quaint as its name implies. Old-world charm, embedded in the foundations of the hotel, complements the rural ambience and modern comforts. This elegant hotel with restaurants and spa is in the picturesque KwaZulu-Natal Midlands at the foothills of the uKhahlamba-Drakensberg, one of South Africa’s world heritage sites. Here we offer country hospitality and homely accommodation a few kilometres from the N3 highway.
Positioned on the Lions River and surrounded by indigenous bush Granny Mouse Country House & Spa is:
- a popular wedding venue
- a romantic honeymoon destination
- an ideal spot for any celebration
- a homely family getaway
- a professional conference facility.
- It’s home to an abundance of wildlife and has a list of more than 200 bird species.
You may prefer to stay at ‘home’ to enjoy:
- a leisurely stroll down the river towards the waterfall
- lazing under the willows on the common
- trout fishing on our stretch of pristine water
- a spa treatment of your choice
Alternatively, activities within easy reach include:
- Stonehaven Day Tours of the uKhahlamba-Drakensberg / rock art / Sani Pass / Midlands Meander / historical Pietermaritzburg.
- Karkloof Canopy Tours (foo-fee slide)
- Quad biking
- Horse riding
- Hot-air ballooning
- Horse whispering
- Clay-pigeon shooting
- Sporting action such as: schools’ rugby derbies / Midmar Mile / Comrades Marathon / Dusi Canoe Marathon / Amashova National Classic Cycle Race.
- Hilton Arts Festival
- Drakensberg Boys’ Choir
Our facilities and services:
- Country hotel with restaurant
- Wine cellar and bar
- Spa and wellness centre with gym
- Swimming pool
- Wedding venue
- Conference facility
- Ample safe parking
- River walks
- Newspaper available on request
- Fax, photocopying and e-mail services
- Limited currency exchange facilities
- Major credit cards accepted
Charming hospitality and proficient professionalism in a serene setting is what sets Granny Mouse Country House & Spa aside from other conference destinations. KwaZulu-Natal is South Africa’s garden province and its Midlands region with meandering rivers, majestic mountain ranges, vast expanses of farm land and distant green hills makes this a complete and peaceful venue for conferences. This is where memories are made as we heed your every need.
The capable team at Granny Mouse Country House & Spa also has the expertise to take care of your conference requirements so you can focus on business.
Our venues include:
- The Caversham Room – seats 130 and includes a dance floor.
- The Camelia Room – seats 30 and is popular for corporate and private gatherings.
- The Eaves Restaurant – seats 50 indoors and 30 on the deck.
- The Chapel set in the pine forest – seats 120 and is used for dinners and events.
- The Mouse & Lion bar, Cigar and various lounges are also available for guests’ use and for breakaway purposes.
- All rooms can either be set up with king size beds or twin beds. Bedding is pure cotton linen, non allergenic pillows and duvets with electric blankets for our guests coming from hot climates.
- We can sleep 20 people in single rooms and 43 people if all beds are used in a single bed configuration. The single beds are ¾ size.
Dreams are made in the land of Zulu’s and weddings are the stuff that dreams are made of. At Granny Mouse the wedding package is designed to make this wonderful yet often stressful time as easy as possible, whilst ensuring that we attend to every detail requested by all the parties concerned. With our air conditioned chapel overlooking the Caversham Valley that can seat up to 150 guests, and the Caversham Room that can seat 120 guests if your wish is to dance the night away, or 150 guests if it is a quieter day – Granny Mouse Country House and Spa is the venue of choice.
Nothing is too much for the team headed up by the owners through to the on site wedding co-ordinators and experienced team of staff. Our chefs proudly work with our bridal parties to tailormake menu’s that delight, surprises that astonish and ensure that every guest’s culinary requirements are taken care of. We have extensive experience to working with South African brides and international brides who might only have the opportunity to visit us once before their big day.
Please contact Granny Mouse Country House And Spa for rates.